Redesign of dlang.org

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 14:32:00 PDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 2:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/23/2014 10:02 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On the contrary, I find almost all websites have broken layouts because
>> I enforce a minimal font size of 16pt (I have a high-resolution screen)
>> -- they insist on font sizes that are far too small.
>
> This is why teams need some old codgers like me around. We don't see so
> good anymore, and need larger fonts.
>
> The teeny-tiny fonts all come from people under 25 :-)

I certainly won't disagree that small fonts can be hard to read, but on
the other end, I've seen a lot of newer websites with gigantic fonts,
and I find that painful to read as well.

> Ironically, the most unreadable web pages I've seen were on apple.com.
> Haven't looked at it recently, but they'd use a tiny font, and make it
> light gray letters on a white background. It was literally painful to
> try and read it.

Grey-on-white is ridiculously common and should be jailable offense.
I'll never understand the the reasoning behind that readability destroyer.