Redesign of dlang.org

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 24 12:21:04 PDT 2014

On 24/04/2014 9:44 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> Considering the very same size 9 fonts are used as default everywhere
> else in my desktop system and it feels just fine.. yeah, you must be
> right. It must be small font and not weirdly scaled UI with 2/3 of
> screen space blank. Sure.

We must just be oppositesAt the distance I sit from my monitor 9pt type
is vanishingly small, I can read it as I type it, but not once I've
forgotten what it says. I couldn't work like that.

I find that most sites use fonts that are too small, I often zoom until
what I want to read fills the screen at a reasonable line length. don't
know for sure how big that makes it but its probably around 32pt.

Sites that have too much empty space around the text are often the ones
that are kindest to zooming. others that try to fill the void tend to
reflow at every step of zoom and get to very short lines very quickly.