python vs d

logicchains via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 04:41:28 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 17:05:50 UTC, Brian Rogoff wrote:
> You must be perpetually perplexed then, because Haskell, Clean,
> F#, Nimrod and many other languages also use whiitespace to
> signify indentation.

I suppose I haven't found the whitespace in Haskell and F# so
bothersome because the static type systems catch most of the
mistakes at compile time that would occur in Python. Haskell also
allows optional braces instead of whitespace (whitespace is just
syntactic sugar for braces), which can be quite useful at times,
especially when copying code.