D For A Web Developer

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 10:11:39 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 12:41 -0400, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]
> This has a lot to do with why I don't buy the common argument that
> dynamic languages are all about "just getting shit done".

Interesting use of the word shit. I tend to find that the average
programmer produces shit code in whatever language they use. This is a
sad reflection on the whole of computing.

> Anytime I use them, they just create more work for me. Writing more
> sanity checks. More hours debugging. More work to optimize hotspots.
> More time figuring out Tracebacks I'm getting from code I didn't even
> write or from tools I'm simply trying to install. Etc.

Using a static language mindset when working with a dynamic language has
this effect. Likewise the reverse, using a dynamic language mindset with
a static language.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk