assume, assert, enforce, @safe

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 2 12:34:54 PDT 2014

> But even if I
> could think of a better name, I think that we're stuck with -debug at this point.

One thing that people hate even more than breaking existing code is breaking
their makefile (or equivalent).

Makefiles typically are cut&pasted from some other project, with the switches
copied over without review. Worse, the switches sometimes come in from macros,
and scripts are written to drive the makefiles, and it becomes a wholly
unmaintainable tangle.

Programmers have gotten a lot better about writing clear, maintainable code, but
I can't say the same for the build process. Those are worse than ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHgUN_95UAw