What have I missed?

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 8 15:28:55 PDT 2014

On Friday, 8 August 2014 at 21:35:59 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> E-hm, not easy. Lots of good stuff...
> @nogc, tons of bug fixes, better packages. And we still await
> on allocators ;)

  Hmm good allocation fixes would be nice... I know i'd like to
see as much of the phobos library adjusted not to use the GC as
possible, or custom allocators for bare metal programming and
stuff where the OS can't help you.
> Era Scarecrow wrote:
>>  Also somewhat curious if anyone took my BitArray updates and
>> got them implemented in phobos or not. Quite annoying I still
>> haven't gotten a
>> full understanding of GitHub yet, and at this rate probably
>> won't.
>
> Glad to see you're back!

  Thanks..

> FYI
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2248
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2249
>
> These were mostly bugfixes not trying to fix any design flaws.

  Yeah doesn't look like any of my code. Unfortunately due to the
huge re-write i did most of those fixes go in the garbage (my
rewrite probably covered most of them anyways).

  I think i'll concentrate on bitfields first, then when that's
good i'll try and get BitArray in. As i recall my BitArray
requires default assignment on bitfields, so i had to add that
before my BitArray worked right. Depending on how much the CTFE
has improved, i may be able to cut out extra bit/type enum i
added which gives useful static information on the side i used
for my BitArray. Far more likely the log2 can be
reduced/removed...