DConf 2014 talks slides

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 10 16:26:32 PDT 2014

  While we're on the topic of slides and it's slightly related,
Walter Bright brought up an example of code that showed poor
optimization that the compiler should be doing. Like using bit
shifts to do multiply/divide by a power of 2.

  i/8  vs  i>>3
  i*8  vs  i<<3

  Is there resource of similar optimizations both as informational
and things to avoid since it unintentionally obfuscates and makes
the compiler's job harder? I know there was a page on low level
optimizations and how to write code so the compiler made simpler
better code on it's preferred types, but off hand i can't find
it...