dsource.org

Justin C Calvarese via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 16 07:40:42 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 16 August 2014 at 03:20:20 UTC, Mike wrote:
> I'm wondering if someone could give me a historical perspective
> on dsource.org:  * What is (was) it?
> * Is it still being maintained, or does it exist simply for
> historical reasons?
> * Is there material on dsource.org that this community would
> like migrated to wiki.dlang.org?
> * Is there any desire to retire it?
>
> I found quite a bit of valuable learning material at
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki#TheTutorialsProject.
>  I've been studying D for about 9 months, and this is the first
> time I've seen it.
>
> I'm wondering, if I verify the examples and such still compile
> and are relevant, would this community like it migrated to
> wiki.dlang.org?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

The guy who ran dsource, Brad, disappeared from the D scene quite
a while ago. I expect he could be reached via e-mail if the
community reaches consensus about what changes we want for
dsource. Due to my involvement with the tutorial project in the
early days, I might still have a few minor superpowers with my
"administratorish" log-in. (If someone has trouble getting their
dsource account activated, I might be able to help out.)

I'd hate to see the whole site shut down abruptly since I suspect
there's still some useful information in a few of the SVN
repositories and some of the historical forum content is
interesting to me. I know some of the code has been migrated to
GitHub, but I believe most of the dsource material only exists on
dsource.

A while back, I edited some project pages for projects that
seemed abandoned to alert whoever came to that page of the
abandoned status, but it's probably been several years since I
did much of that.

-- jcc7