[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Hubert via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 21:59:18 PDT 2014

First I wanna say that I've become a huge fan of D, and I hope
one day I can replace all my creative projects with a D codebase.
With that said, I do agree that D could use a redesign. I've not
been monitoring this thread very closely, but the design
suggestions I've seen so far has dissapointed me. Don't
misunderstand me; the proposals look good, but they are in my
opinion too conservative.

Now I've given it a shot and created a first draft on how I
imagine a future Dlang.org could/should look like, keep in mind
that nothing is final yet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oicmwoboku136jq/dlang_test_redesign.png

My emphasis has been on creating a friendly first impression; a
lightweight page to introduce newcomers to D and get them started
quickly. I think this is a sane design approach when it comes to
D's current position in the "market". I've not yet begun any work
on the views for the documentation and similar pages with a
larger amount of copy.

(I hope I haven't missed any earlier design proposal that already
looks like this.)