Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 03:47:05 PDT 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:36:14 +0000
eles via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Not exactly that, but look here two approaches for introducing
> comments in standard JSON:
they both 'hacks'. and i'm pretty sure that most people who using JSON
never bother to read specs, they just expect it to work "like
javascript". i myself wasn't aware about JSON limitations when i was
writing my own JSON parser, so my parser allows comments and unquoted
field names from the beginning.

i'm still sure that JSON specs are needlessly strict in some areas, and
specs should include comments from the start...