Do everything in Java…

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 6 07:14:37 PST 2014

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 03:11:01PM +0000, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 12:59 -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >
> […]
> > I had to implement a drag-n-drop function in Javascript once, and
> > the thing was one big convoluted mess, even after excluding the
> > semantic part (which in this case is trivial). It left me really
> > longing to have some kind of unittest framework to verify that later
> > code changes won't break that fragile tower of cards, but alas, we
> > didn't have any such framework available.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#JavaScript
[...]

Oh, I *know* there are Javascript testing frameworks out there... the
problem is convincing people to actually incorporate said tests as part
of the development process. Sure, *I* can run the tests with my own code
changes, but there are 50-100 developers working on the project who are
also constantly making changes, and unless they also regularly run
unittests, the whole exercise is kinda moot.

Do not reason with the unreasonable; you lose by definition.