Do everything in Java…

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 9 03:09:44 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 07:18 -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> Yeah, I find in my own experience that gdc -O3 tends to produce code
> that's consistently ~20% faster than dmd -O, especially in
> compute-intensive code. The downside is that gdc usually lags behind dmd
> by one release, which, given the current rate of development in D, can
> be quite a big difference in feature set available.

GDC is tied to the GCC release program I guess, so gdc can only be
updated when there is a new GCC release.

I am not up to compiling gdc from source, but compiling ldc2 is very
straightforward, so I tend to use that by default to get something fast
that is more or less up-to-date with DMD.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk