i want my bounty!

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 15 04:00:21 PST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:27:30 +0000
Mengu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> first of all, judging by your language, you don't seem like a guy
> who follows guidelines. why are you even complaining if it's
> written here or there?
'cause i see something strange in blaming me for doing exactly what was
written.

the whole thing is about that "cosmetic issues" (not only with
bugzilla) which nobody counts as issues at all. it's like a man who
never took a bath: he can be genious, but i don't want to talk with him
long enough to find that. such inconsistencies ("cosmetic issues") is
what building D public image. i got a hard time to convince some of my
mates that language where consistency is in the form of consistenly
ignoring "cosmetic issues" good enough to use for something serious.
"they can't fix such simple things, and now you telling me that i have
to believe they are better at everything other? BS!"

> secondly, can i please open a github account for you and hand it
> to you? it'll only follow d-programming-language on github. you
> won't be dealing with any shit. [0]
github == shit, that's it. once i was excited about it, i even
participated in "closed beta" before public github launch. but now i
don't want to be the part of github in any form, and i have my reasons
for it.

but the thing is not about github per se, as i already written.

> p.s. i know i have your sympathy because of my all lower-case
> writing despite the hate we get. :-)
it's a great factor! ;-) but i'm not really hateful, i'm rather
annoyed. i have some expirience with projects that failed to outgrow
"funny toy" niche, and each one of them has the same problems with
consistency and "cosmetic issues". i was trying to sell D to some
people and failed. not because some issues with C++ interop or even
documentation, but 'cause "that language smells. it's great, but it
looks like they trying to pretend that they have same amout of legacy
code as C++ has and using that as an excuse to not fix the annoyances.
sorry, we can't see why quirky language without libraries is better
than quirky language with libraries, despite all the meta-power of the
former."

so i'm not hateful. actually, it's exactly opposite: i do care about D
and want it to succeed. that's why i'm so passionate about some things.
i can't talk about anything, so i chose to talk about the thing that
bites me *each* *time* i trying to go "D way". i don't have resources
to fork D (and i don't want to do that, 'cause i don't believe that
having a spectrum of incompatible Ds will do any good), so i trying to
do what i believe is good. and it's not about my patches being ignored,
this is the last thing i care of.