Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 03:37:47 PST 2014

On 19/12/2014 12:23 a.m., Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 10:24:46 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> People aren't allocated work time to read books.
>
> Wait, really? X_X The more you tell about game dev culture and your work
> experience there the more I feel sorry for people who work there.

I know of atleast one company in New Zealand who do major game
development work whose managers(are programmers) believe that being able
to use a professional game engine to make a game is more important in
fact expected over knowing the basics of OpenGL.
Yes it gets work done. But when things go wrong.. You can't exactly drop
down to the low level and fix things yourself.

I'm fascinated and love the graphical world. Absolutely would not want
to work in it.