Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Ondra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 03:43:43 PST 2014

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 11:09:23 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:23:32 +0000
> Ondra via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> What about stop flaming and do some research on this.
>> Create some questionnare of some sort and ask D lang
>> developers what was hard for them while learning. What they
>> found difficult about language and then try to improve based
>> on some data instead of shooting blindly.
>
> and the first questions should be "what other languages do you
> know?"
> "what other languages do you like?"
>
> i, for example, found compile-time code generation easy, as i
> love
> Scheme. the same with "function (template, actually) should
> accept any
> type which conforms to the protocol" conception.
>
> some of my mates are hardcore C programmers, and i see that
> it's hard
> for them to change their style: they tend to write "classic
> OOP" code
> instead of "protocol contracts", avoid nested functions and
> delegates.
>
> what i'm trying to say is that "language of choise" matters
> here, so
> survey must clearly ask about that.

I meant more to focus only on D. Like : "What do you have most
difficulty with while learning language/you were learning
langeuage?" "What do you consider most confusing part of D
library/language features." etc...

I personally, have problems with: Endless confusion about
class/struct. endless confussion about array slices. String
details. Lack of enough practical examples on library packages...

On the other hand I don't feel that templates are so hard. That's
actually why i started to learn D.