Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 20 01:59:13 PST 2014

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 07:26:30 UTC, Manu via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I get so frustrated by the apparent majority in this forum who
> seem to
> think 'most' programmers are the type who would even read or
> post on a
> forum like this. Or read a programming book! They must surely
> be the
> overwhelming minority.

I am well-aware that people who actually have a passion for
programming are tiny minority. Though many still read programming
books because that adds some weight for career advancement
requests.

But you call to support interests of those programmers at cost of
interests of existing users - something absolutely impractical at
current language development stage. Trying to explain why this
expectation is not reasonable and not just is the least hostile
reaction I can give.

Whatever Andrei says, there is no benefit in blindly pumping user
base if you don't have resources to support it. I also remember
him saying "want million users, build as if you had million
users". Well, currently we don't truly build even for thousand
users.

You have been stressing those cases for several years now. Have
you actually contributed anything to DMD to improve debug symbol
generation seeing how this is important to you?

I keep asking you simple question you avoid answering - who
personally should work to address your concerns? Those are all
legit concerns and I doubt anyone would willingly prefer to keep
things as they are. But who will do it if apparently you are the
person who needs it most and you don't want to do it?