Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 20 12:36:47 PST 2014

FWIW, I'd like to thank you for taking the time (and putting up
with some undeserved abuse for it) to write about your experience
in trying to get other people to adopt D. For some they might be
known issues, but the fact is these things matter, and knowing
about them is part of fixing them.

Alas, I abandoned doing development on Windows ages ago, so it's
not something I can help with. I don't rely on debuggers myself,
but I do use them when it makes sense to me and it's annoying
enough when gdb can't print things properly even with Iain's
patched version.

As for the documentation, like others I don't mind it or have any
problems with it, but that's not the point here. The point is
that potential new users did, and so it needs to be improved.

Your problems are not issues I have or had; but others did and as
much as like my Arch Linux some will prefer Windows and the
experience has to be good for them as well.

Atila