What is the D plan's to become a used language?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 13:46:38 PST 2014

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:51:15 +0000
Bienlein via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> But for Go you only need to learn a
> drop simple language and you can start writing your server
> application, because all you need for concurrency is in the
> language.
i can assure you that "concurency in the language" is not the only
thing one needs to know before "start writing a server". you keep
telling that everything else in Go is so cheap to learn, so only CSP
matters. oh, really? Go can magically do all header parsing, database
management and other things for me? or we talking about "echo" servers?

Go is just hyped, that's all. there is NOTHING hard in creating simple
HTTP(S) server with templated pages, forms and data processing with
vibe.d. hey, it even has a sample of such server out of the box! it's
dead easy. and vibe.d can utilize threads to use all CPU cores (you
will lost some handyness here, but hey: don't use global variables! ;-).

even adding the whole Go to D will not make D overtake Go. Go is hyped.
D is not. that's all.