cross post hn: (Rust) _ _ without GC

Vic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 23 11:12:10 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 23 December 2014 at 14:39:30 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
<snip>
> mind if i say that i don't give a shit about what "commercial
> users"
> want? and the last thing i want is cutting out language
> features. yes,
> "moving out of the core" == "cutting off". half-baked feature
> annoys
> people, so eventually somebody will do something with it.
> non-existant
> feature will remain non-existant for a long time.

<snip>

> and i have a great way to know what "commercial users" really
> wants:
> the things they are paying for. no, that's not working like "do
> what we
> want and maybe we'll give you a cent or two". it's quite
> contrary,
> actually: "here's the money we'll pay for what we want". FOSS
> is not
> the box to which you shouting and then magically pulling the
> results
> for free.

Hi Ketmar,

1)I quote me: "How much $ funding so I consider it?"
  here in D form- http://tinyurl.com/ks7z9jy

2) http://www.meetup.com/D-Lang-Sillicon-Valley
This is us hosting and operating it, I hope people join 30
members so far for the first meet up in Jan.

3) I pay salaries for 6 full time D users, who use D.

So I hope you do care about D, and hence we have to work together.
I have a suggestion that one can have lots of features w/ stable
core, both.

Adding features will not work, that is a fact that some don't see.
Moving them is painful, no question about that.
Current situation is we are stuck, ex:
" Anyone want to review these and see what we should add to
  Phobos?" from
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Algorithms_to_solve_programming_contest_problems_246363.html#N246363

Cheers,
Vic