What's missing to make D2 feature complete?

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 24 05:10:57 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 11:24:26 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 10:32:33 UTC, Daniel Murphy
> wrote:

> I want immutable by default, everywhere... Yes.

"sanity by default" should be the mantra. well, read "safety"
instead of "sanity"...

I like the concept of a "safe C++, but with the same power". Yes,
we talk about D here and D is more than that. But let's not
neglect this.

C++ is important. Go expected C++ programmers to come, they
received only python & co. programmers. People form the C++ world
need something better. But they won't trade C++ for anything less
than C++, even if the niche where D would fall behind C++ would
be very narrow. In this case, even "very" == "too little".