removal of dead functions and methods

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 24 06:20:24 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 14:15:40 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> yet we have two other compilers too. i didn't checked what GDC
> does
> with "--gc-sections" cli switch, but i think that it doesn't
> matter.

GDC is not there yet but I remember someone working on it. It
needs tweaks to runtime symbol emitting.

> and DMD pollutes binaries.

DMD is not much suitable for anything but experiments and
debugging anyway.

> and i think that DMD is most widely-used D compiler nowdays

Those who care about generated binaries don't use DMD, that simple