removal of dead functions and methods

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 24 06:35:22 PST 2014

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:20:24 +0000
Dicebot via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> DMD is not much suitable for anything but experiments and
> debugging anyway.
i was thinking the same, but i found that code produced by DMD is
acceptable in most cases. there is no much need in thightly optimized
code for most tasks, as tasks tend to be either bound by I/O or by
user. i found that even some real-time graphics is ok with DMD.

so i can't agree with you on this matter.

> > and i think that DMD is most widely-used D compiler nowdays
> Those who care about generated binaries don't use DMD, that simple
besides, it's not always possible to use GDC or LDC, as they tend to be
off by at least one frontend/phobos version, or have some unfixed bugs
that prevents building binary.