My wish for 2015...

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 25 02:52:06 PST 2014

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 22:11:35 UTC, Xinok wrote:
> I think the problem of memory management can be reduced to two
> points:
> (1) The garbage collector for D is sub-par.

I want to try out a few obvious things in the next couple of
weeks.

- better predictable memory access during marking
- parallel marking
- parallel finalization (nice to have)

Those are fairly simple to implement, but I'm hoping for huge
improvements.

> (1) We need a precise garbage collector. The fact that a
> garbage-collected language experiences memory leaks truly
> reflects poorly on on D.

What's the reason for leakage? I'm a bit skeptical about the
precise GC work.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1057#issuecomment-65918407