Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 09:57:41 PST 2014

On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 14:45:37 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Wasting effort of core contributors on a toolchain I will
> never use is against my interests and makes me naturally
> hostile about it.

I don't think it needs to be a zero-sum game.  Removing blockers
to entry can make an orders-of-magnitude difference in the number
of users for a particular platform, and when you gain users, you
gain developers.  Paying now to remove basic usability issues
could well free up a lot of core contributor time in future, by
opening a door for Windows devs that makes it worth their while
to invest effort into the language and its toolchain.