Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 15:31:08 PST 2014

> Yeah, now have a large table and have one line that's longer.

*Read* my post. The rows don' have to be aligned. And as I
mentioned, IF you have a special case, THEN it's time for macros.
But it shouln't happen for basic things like bold, code, links,
references, 90% of tables or lists. I spend about half of my
coding time writing documentation. DDoc is like I'm writing my
documentation with LISP, or rather, Scheme. If I wanted to do
that I wouldn't mind writing my code in Scheme either.

> BTW, you can line table entries up in Ddoc, too:
>
> $(TABLE
> $(THDR Function Name, Description
>   )
> $(TROW all          , `all!"a > 0"([1, 2, 3, 4])` returns
> `true`  )
> $(TROW any          , `any!"a > 0"([1, 2, -3, -4])` returns
> `true`)
> )

No, it has to be at least:
> $(TABLE
> $(THDR Function Name, Description
>   )
> $(TROW all          , $(D all!"a > 0"([1, 2, 3, 4])) returns
> $(D true)  )
> $(TROW any          , $(D any!"a > 0"([1, 2, -3, -4])) returns
> $(D true))
> )

because I need macros even for something as common as an inline
code fragment.

Not to mention, if I include the full table lines, not just ~70
chars this newsgroup will take, the difference in readability is
much more massive.