Improving ddoc

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 15:49:06 PST 2014

On 1/01/2015 8:50 a.m., Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In wake of the recent discussions on improving ddoc syntax we're looking
> at doing something about it. Please discuss any ideas you might have
> here. Thanks!
>
> One simple starter would be to allow one escape character, e.g. the
> backtick (`), as a simple way to expand macros: instead of $(MACRO arg1,
> arg2) one can write `MACRO arg1, arg2`.
>

> Andrei

1. We need to control whitespace
    This includes indentation of output elements and new lines added
    Use case:
	JSON, YAML
2. Allow usage of CTFE as a macro.
    Seriously, let actual D code act as a macro.
    Also a trait to use a macro. Maybe even extend allMembers for it too.
    Use case:
        Any advanced macros such as find and replace.
3. It should be possible to not use DDOC macros inside e.g. function
comment to make it readable when exported.
    I'm not sure how this would work, but most likely some form of catch
all would be needed.
    Use case:
        Markdown as format but still outputs clean and nice text.
        But also outputting e.g. JSON with clean structure.