Idiotmatic D

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 15:02:53 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 17:23:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 16:06:49 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
>> Are you proposing to fork DMD and lead the way?
>
> Why not? The license grants the original author rights to merge
> changes back in. Maybe some new ideas come about.

The problems we have are not worth forking the language.

I volunteer to help or lead an effort to clean up the spec.
People are going to be investigating and starting to learn D in
larger numbers with DConf coming up, and it's not fair for them
to try learning from documentation that is proven to be
incomplete and inaccurate.

The grammar that I'd be basing this rewrite off of is located
here:
https://rawgithub.com/Hackerpilot/DGrammar/master/grammar.html