Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Feb 10 06:24:05 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 10:04:53 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio
wrote:
> On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 08:59:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:

>> The leads believe in meritocracy, that means the project will
>> flail around in any direction that is fun. That means there
>> are no rails. There is no reason to pull or push a train that
>> is not on rails. To get D to be a true better C++ you need a
>> concerted effort.
> No, first of all you need the same amount of economic backing.
> The one backing the project will shape it the most. True
> democracy is pure utopia. People have different interests and
> different ideas, which are often conflicting. In the end it's
> all about resources.

I forgot to comment on this.

No, I don't think it is only a matter of resources. For instance,
if I had the time I would most certainly consider writing a
pack-rat parser for a modified subset a D that builds an AST for
clang.

That's actually doable for 1-3 people.