Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Feb 11 04:47:00 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 09:55:09 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio
wrote:
> Ok, I'm a bit fed up by your attitude so I'll express a
> personal opinion now: it seems to me that when people express
> any kind of judgment, it's ad hominem against you.

You either respond to assertions about technology or ignore it.
The moment you address the person and not the argument you are
going in the wrong direction.

Making an analysis of project as an artifact is not "ad hominem",
even if the creator of the artifact strongly disagrees with the
analysis. If the creator dislike the analysis, ignore it. If the
creator thinks it is interesting, respond to it.

It is neither friendly or unfriendly.
It is usually not necessary, because most projects are pretty
clear on where they are heading.
I the case of D, it is not clear.

It is not clear if there is enough momentum in the D community to
sustain a real-time D either.

These "debates" make the fog less thick so one can see possible
directions for D. Which is a combination of management and the
willingness of the D community to "be vocal about real time
issues". Being complacent and meek is not going to change the
direction of D.