D as A Better C?

Frustrated c1514843 at drdrb.com
Tue Feb 11 12:02:35 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 19:56:11 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 19:43:00 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> I think it would have little benefit and would just lead to
> pointless fragmentation and maintenance for the compiler devs.

Do you program on embedded systems? If not then do you think you
are qualified to say it would have little benefit or not?

Obviously if all you ever drink is milk then water, coffee, coke,
etc.. have little benefit for you. It clearly does not mean all
those other things are useless to everyone else.

If done properly it would actually enhance D development by
partitioning it into sections while also providing a foundation
for D while expanding it's user base.