Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Joseph Cassman jc7919 at outlook.com
Tue Feb 11 12:31:00 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 18:52:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/11/14, 10:12 AM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> I think it got off to a bad start because it was private and
>> even after
>> it was public it wasn't talked about much within the community
>> (it was
>> hard to even find because it wouldn't turn up in Trello's
>> search). I use
>> and enjoy Trello at work so personally I think I'd try to get
>> everyone
>> to give it another shot if it were up to me.
>
> I'm also in favor of a second go, particularly since I've
> initiated the first one :o). I'm still using Trello for
> tracking personal stuff, though not nearly as frequently as to
> make a big difference.
>
> Andrei

Although I haven't yet contributed to the project by sending any
pull requests I am interested in doing so. Perhaps the main thing
that keeps holding me back is I feel it is hard to know what
currently is being worked on with the current setup (i.e. who is
doing what, will my efforts duplicate someone else's, will I be
stepping on anyone's toes, will my solution idea be incompatible
with the direction in which the language is moving). I frequent
the forums and still find it hard to get an overall picture. This
is probably my lack of not trying hard enough (e.g. I never have
time to spend on IRC). I saw the Trello board before and I felt
that it helped me get up to speed on who is doing what, what is
being worked on, etc. If you brought it, or something like it,
back that would be appreciated.

Sorry to change the subject but one thing that keeps discouraging
me from trying to contribute code changes is the large number of
unmerged pull requests in GitHub. Since I am not a reviewer I am
afraid that any effort I perform will get ignored and so I hold
back since I have other stuff to do too. I know that this is
something that concerns you a lot from reading other forums
discussions so I apologize if this sounds like a complaint. I
appreciate the work of all involved and know that no one has
infinite time or energy. Not even sure if I could contribute to
the code-base but would be nice to try.

Managing a project is never easy. My hat's off to you and Walter
for your efforts in that regard.

Joseph