D as A Better C?

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Feb 11 13:44:27 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 21:28:15 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 21:22:40 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> snip
>
> Thank you, so this project would need to be maintained
> alongside D2 development, just like D1 was.
>
> Is it really worth taking effort away from D2 when so much is
> left to do there?

A few if() blocks and some code to parse a command-line option is
hardly a "project" that needs to be "maintained alongside D2
development".

However, I agree that there are better things the core compiler
maintainers could do with their time. I think such a switch would
be easy enough to implement and maintain by whoever needs it.