Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 05:14:08 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 08:53:56 UTC, Sönke Ludwig
wrote:
> DUB 0.9.21 is currently in the RC stage. Before tagging a
> release, I'd like it to get a little more exposure. Apart from
> checking if building works (dependencies are now built
> separately by default)

How do I handle `example` subdirectories with the new build
process? I looked at vibe.d's examples (the simple HTTP server
stuff to be specific) but they don't seem to handle linking (do
they really build without --combined?). Is there a way to add
linker search directories so my examples can link to the
library's static library builds? Or is this supposed to be
handled automatically for library dependencies?

>  - "dub test" will now automatically execute the unit tests of a
>    package (see "dub test --help" for more information)

I can confirm this works for the LuaD package, which is a pretty
typical D library in terms of structure.