Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Wed Feb 12 10:06:19 PST 2014

Am 12.02.2014 14:14, schrieb Jakob Ovrum:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 08:53:56 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> DUB 0.9.21 is currently in the RC stage. Before tagging a release, I'd
>> like it to get a little more exposure. Apart from checking if building
>> works (dependencies are now built separately by default)
>
> How do I handle `example` subdirectories with the new build process? I
> looked at vibe.d's examples (the simple HTTP server stuff to be
> specific) but they don't seem to handle linking (do they really build
> without --combined?). Is there a way to add linker search directories so
> my examples can link to the library's static library builds? Or is this
> supposed to be handled automatically for library dependencies?

The latter. The target binaries of dependencies (recursively) are
automatically linked against the final application.

Specifying linker search paths is not possible right now (at least some
time ago this was problematic for DMD on Windows, not sure what the
current state is). But specific library files can be added as
`"sourceFiles"`. Those will be passed to the compiler at the linking
stage, which passes them on to the linker.

>>  - "dub test" will now automatically execute the unit tests of a
>>    package (see "dub test --help" for more information)
>
> I can confirm this works for the LuaD package, which is a pretty typical
> D library in terms of structure.

Thanks for testing!