Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:56:16 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 18:06:19 UTC, Sönke Ludwig
wrote:
> The latter. The target binaries of dependencies (recursively)
> are automatically linked against the final application.

Hm, I'm getting a failure to link, with just one symbol reported
missing. Further, -allinst makes no difference. I checked the
verbose output and the parent library was indeed being passed
automatically when linking the example executable, so for now I
assume it's a DMD/OPTLINK bug. I'll report back with more
information if I can't reproduce it without Dub.

Really cool that libraries are automatically linked, I'm really
liking how Dub is shaping up!

> Specifying linker search paths is not possible right now (at
> least some time ago this was problematic for DMD on Windows,
> not sure what the current state is). But specific library files
> can be added as `"sourceFiles"`. Those will be passed to the
> compiler at the linking stage, which passes them on to the
> linker.

Yeah, I remember OPTLINK being difficult in this regard. IIRC
though, there is an environment variable one can set.

[1] https://github.com/JakobOvrum/LuaD/tree/master/example/hello