C++ Binding Generator

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 00:58:40 PST 2014

On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 00:36:58 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 03:36:29 UTC, michaelc37 wrote:
>>
>>> [1]
>>> QtD is not actively maintained.  It existed on
>>> BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/qtd/repo
>>> before someone else forked it and moved to
>>> GitHub: https://github.com/qtd-developers/qtd
>>
>> Probably worth mentioning.
>> There are also some recent startup efforts to generate qt
>> bindings based on smoke qt.
>>
>> https://github.com/w0rp/dqt
>> https://github.com/GlobecSys/smoke.d
>>
>> However, its qt4.
>
> I'm working on this slowly. I'll post more when I actually have
> something worth looking at.
>
> My library takes the SMOKE data generated by smokeqt and then
> does at least 90% of the work in D code to manipulate it, for
> generating D source files and loading C++ function pointers at
> runtime so you can wrap C++ classes in D classes.

I'm sure we're facing similar problems from time to time, we
should probably have a chat about that. Here's to hoping we both
get a successful Qt wrapping and suddenly there is a choice of Qt
wrapper!

Here's a great article about the problems with C++ bindings and
Qt in particular:

http://setanta.wordpress.com/binding-c/