C++ Binding Generator

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:36:49 PST 2014

Le 17/02/2014 09:54, Abdulhaq a écrit :
> On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 01:16:44 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
>> Le 17/02/2014 01:36, w0rp a écrit :
>>> On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 03:36:29 UTC, michaelc37 wrote:
>>> I'll try Qt5 later. The main reason I'm trying to get Qt4 working at the
>>> moment is that I have experience with Qt4, but not with Qt5, and from my
>>> understanding a lot of the advantages of Qt5 come from QML, and I don't
>>> quite understand yet how QML would tie together with a D API.
>>
>> If someone is interested by Qt mainly for QML, maybe the better way is
>> to help us on DQuick, cause it's really similar, but we try to take
>> advantages of D to do something more friendly.
>
>  From my personal point of view my main interest is in the programmatic
> Qt constructions (ie. Core & Widget module, not QML) as that's my itch
> that needs scratching. I'm not applying any effort ATM into the QML side
> of Qt. I think that a native DQuick implementation would be great and
> would probably provide a very compelling alternative to a wrapped QML
> (if that ever gets done by anybody) so I hope you get lets of help from
> anyone interested in that side of things.

I am completely agree with you, binding of Qt must be focused on Widgets
and the core module.

I am dreaming to be able to convince some QtQuick developers to
contribute to DQuick, we already have some things working better.
I am thinking to the property binding loop detection on which we are
able to print the full call stack, where QML engine is only able to give
the item not the property affected.
And with the power of D it's not necessary to modify existent code, here
with Qt wrappers are needed.