Practical Problems with distribution D projects

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:48:24 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 01:21:03 UTC, Assaf Gordon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I working on a small program, which I'd like to make publicly
> available and easy to distribute,install and use.

If you want to do distribution to developers, dub[1] is the way
to go.

If you want to distribute to desktop users, binary packages is
the way to go. The issues with static linking are related to C
libraries. If you develop in Linux you generally don't statically
link. All your D code is statically linked, work has been done to
support dynamic linking with Phobos, but for now that isn't
default.

1. http://code.dlang.org/