Practical Problems with distribution D projects

Francesco Cattoglio francesco.cattoglio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:39:21 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 15:31:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 15:24:19 UTC, Francesco
> Cattoglio wrote:
>> since gdc --version output is 4.8.1, what version would it be?
>> like 2.060 or more like 2.052?
>
> Hm, ones I see in package list are for 4.6 - are you using some
> sort of testing repo? 4.8.* can possibly be pretty new, you can
> check fronend version by compiling test program with
> "pragma(msg, __VERSION__)"

2062L! 2.062 is decently recent I'd say ;)
Perhaps is from some launchpad repo, but nothing too much
trascendental.
Anyway, my point was that GDC and LDC are easily available under
most used distros, given a bit of patience. I mean, we can
probably package them faster than the distribution updates them
(I'm referring to Ubuntu 6-months cycle in particular)