Graphics Library for D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Jan 6 03:02:00 PST 2014

On 06/01/14 08:16, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:32:54 -0800, Mike <none at none.com> wrote:
>> * Please don't make a graphics library that is useful only on PCs.
>>

> That's the plan. However at this point D only works on x86 so it's a moot point.

Not really -- the GDC/LDC teams seem to be doing excellent work on ARM support
which I get the feeling will arrive sooner rather than later.  I think it'll be
really important to have multi-device support at the core of your graphics
library project, and to factor that into your design from the beginning.

Besides, you planning in that way will give encouragement to those porting
efforts :-)

Related to this: I read in the news that C++ is planning on standardizing on
Cairo as a graphics library.  Is that something that could be useful to engage with?