Graphics Library for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 6 07:16:39 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 11:16:03PM -0800, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:32:54 -0800, Mike <none at none.com> wrote:
[...]
> >>The logical phases as I can see them are as follows, but please
> >>suggest changes:
> >
> >Start with the most primitive and move up from there (If loosely
> >coupled, the could be developed in parallel)
> >1. Geometric primitives
> >2. Vector graphics
> >3. Fonts (just a special case of vector graphics)
> >4. Rasterization
> >5. Backend (Direct2D/3D, OpenGL, OpenVG, whatever)
> >

> The problem I can see here is that if you want to test the first
> four, number five has to be built out to some degree.
[...]

For initial development, it could be as simple as rendering to a generic
framebuffer that then gets blitted to whatever OS primitives you have to
display it on the screen. That should be enough to get things going
while "real" backends get developed.

Your inconsistency is the only consistent thing about you! -- KD