Graphics Library for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 07:42:53 PST 2014

On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 12:57:04 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I think he's referring to simpledisplay:
>
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff/blob/master/simpledisplay.d

Yea, my simpledisplay.d (and its dependency, color.d) has some
code for creating a window, drawing on it (including some OpenGL
stuff now), getting input, and drawing on images using OS native
things.

color.d has a color struct, some hsl <-> rgb functions, and a
basic image framebuffer class.

Also in the repo is png.d which can load and save many png files,
bmp.d for bmps, and minigui.d which builds on top of
simpledisplay to add some basic gui widgets. There's also
stb_truetype.d which is a port of the public domain C library for
anything.

I still haven't uploaded image_basicdrawing.d because it sucks
and I plagiarized one of the functions, but that thing uses the
class in color.d and adds stuff like "draw line", "draw circle",
etc. to it so you can draw without a backing screen.

While simpledisplay.d works reasonably well, its code is pretty
ugly (half the file is just bindings to Win32 or Xlib), minigui.d
is still far from complete. Most my work lately has been web UIs,
so I just haven't had the push to finish it...