D has 22 place at the Tiobe index

Etienne etcimon at globecsys.com
Mon Jan 6 09:38:17 PST 2014

On 2013-12-25 8:01 PM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> I think web development is where our biggest potential is for. Not
> actually scientific or mathematical in nature.
> Because of this, part of my design with DOOGLE is to make the
> abstraction in such a way that it should be possible to build almost
> identical (in code) desktop and web apps. If we had this alone, things
> like IDE's would become very attractive to dev's. Write one interface in
> code and have it usable in whole bunch of mediums.
>
> Because of the web development nature, there is one specific project I
> believe to be key to show this off. A CMS. But to do this effectively we
> need things like a good router, ORM and all that type of thing. Not to
> mention lack of sql based database support in vibe currently.

I'm working on a Framework/CMS where all controllers are in oData so you
can create desktop/mobile applications in e.g. OpenUI5 - this allows
compiling the D Language into a Desktop/Mobile application with
Javascript UI with under 4 mb.

Every library e.g. Users (core) would be in oData, with the ability to
add fields and relations when loading your own library with a consistent
db e.g. sqlite/mongodb. There would be oData connectors for each db. All
libraries simply add up to create the final application with a unified
database/oData object per domain services. You could call the oData
remotely, but you can also issue calls internally to the host-local
services to build a HTML frontend in vibe.d with oData controller.

There's tons of things I'm planning for this framework. It's going to be
a little like a kernel with hooks & event handlers, but with the
settings in Lua pre-runtime. API is being developed here:
https://github.com/GlobecSys/w3Vibe

I'm looking forward to some comments, I'm only going to plan the
structure for a few more days