D has 22 place at the Tiobe index

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:48:53 PST 2014

On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 17:38:25 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> I'm working on a Framework/CMS where all controllers are in
> oData so you can create desktop/mobile applications in e.g.
> OpenUI5 - this allows compiling the D Language into a
> Desktop/Mobile application with Javascript UI with under 4 mb.
>
> Every library e.g. Users (core) would be in oData, with the
> ability to add fields and relations when loading your own
> library with a consistent db e.g. sqlite/mongodb. There would
> be oData connectors for each db. All libraries simply add up to
> create the final application with a unified database/oData
> object per domain services. You could call the oData remotely,
> but you can also issue calls internally to the host-local
> services to build a HTML frontend in vibe.d with oData
> controller.
>
> There's tons of things I'm planning for this framework. It's
> going to be a little like a kernel with hooks & event handlers,
> but with the settings in Lua pre-runtime. API is being
> developed here: https://github.com/GlobecSys/w3Vibe
>
> I'm looking forward to some comments, I'm only going to plan
> the structure for a few more days

Since I wrote my original post, I have built an ORM[0] and have
done quite a bit of work on my own web service framework. Not
currently up on a repo, but its nearing ready for it.
By default it configures data models thanks to Dvorm, routes, has
update functionality (every hour or five minutes depending on the
task), cache manager to keeping a set data model in memory at all
times.
I am planning on getting it up to a point where it works as a CMS
out of the box but also as a flexible component library.
I actually like the look of odata and I may at some point
implement a template mixin for it. That way will have full
control over the routes, filters ext. that go on it.

I am having issues with getting widgits to be registered in the
form of I want to know where a widgit is being available for. So
a route, name and position. Which is hard when diet isn't
designed for that. Not entirely sure what to do.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/Dvorm