Facebook puts more bounties on dlang issues

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Jan 12 09:34:19 PST 2014

Am 12.01.2014 13:20, schrieb Kira Backes:
> On Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 00:19:02 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> There's a bit of budget (a few hundred only) earmarked for GDC- and
>> LDC-specific stuff.
>
> Maybe there’s just not so many people around who can help with
> compilers? I’m an application developer and can surely also help with
> the library, but hacking on the compiler is something I’ve never done
> (and don’t know if I would be any good at it)

I will surely like to do it, given my background on compiler design,
however real life keeps jumping in the way. So I tend just to do
advocacy. :)

Compiler development is not as hard as people think, it just plain data
structures manipulations.

If you skim through a book like the one from Niklaus Wirth about
compiler development[1], you get the basics pretty quickly.

[1] http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/CBEAll.pdf
--
Paulo