Facebook puts more bounties on dlang issues

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jan 12 09:37:19 PST 2014

On 1/12/14 4:20 AM, Kira Backes wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 00:19:02 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> There's a bit of budget (a few hundred only) earmarked for GDC- and
>> LDC-specific stuff.
>
> Maybe there’s just not so many people around who can help with
> compilers? I’m an application developer and can surely also help with
> the library, but hacking on the compiler is something I’ve never done
> (and don’t know if I would be any good at it)

There are quite a few bountied bugs that are library-related. The first
I see on
https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/383571-d-programming-language is
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1325915-object-not-const-correct.
Let's say that's kinda runtime support so more difficult, so scanning
down we see things like
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1327158-getopt-improvements-by-igor-lesik
or... hmmm, that's about it. But there's also
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1325916-reading-writing-an-archive-causes-data-loss-std-zip-horribly-broken
which was paid off but since reopened (arguably for a distinct matter).

If I get more budget I'll try to assign more to library issues.

Andrei