Streaming interfaces

John foo at foo.com
Sat Jan 18 19:27:14 PST 2014

I'm toying with writing an apache avro library and it probably
makes sense to write it to a streaming interface. However, the
warnings on std.stream / std.c.stream (together with the lack of
implementations) suggest that's a bad idea.

If I want to provide an interface that does data transformation
but results in minimal data copying when coming to or from disk,
network or RAM, where would your recommend I look? I see
std.container, std.outbuffer, dynamic arrays, and I have little
sense of how I should expose a public interface.

Thanks for any advice.