Streaming interfaces

Jason White 54f9byee3t32 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:41:06 PST 2014

There has been some work on the serialization front:

     http://wiki.dlang.org/Review/std.serialization

I don't think std.serialization can read/write directly from/to a
socket. It seems to me that a generalized stream interface is
required to achieve this.

There has also been some work recently on buffered streams (input
only) that supports minimal data copying:

     "[RFC] I/O and Buffer Range"
     http://forum.dlang.org/thread/l9q66g$2he3$1@digitalmars.com

It's still in early stages, but it looks like a good design so
far.

In short: There is no good replacement for std.stream yet. You
might just have to use it in the meantime.