SHA-3 is KECCAK

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Sun Jan 19 07:09:44 PST 2014

On Saturday, 18 January 2014 at 15:17:52 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> You're correct. It was an example of a collision attack which
> means they can put up a single hash and it will match many
> possible documents that include all the names of the candidates.

Consequence of a 2-document collision is big enough, that a
12-document collision doesn't pose any notably bigger threat.
Nostradamus is all they could come up with, which is laughable.
If they upgrade this to an actual partial 3.6-bit preimage
attack, and one collision takes 2 days as they say, for a
comparison, with such partial preimage attack, full preimage
attack on a 32-bit hash like crc32 will take 2^^(32-3.6)*2 days =
1959870 years in an ideal case.

> If you had _read_ the source, you may have understood that. In
> fact, if you have read anything on cryptography at all before,
> you'd be staying away from MD5, but ignorance is bliss I
> suppose.

Isn't it you, who insist on ignorance to how a collision attack
works and how it doesn't work? You insist on a magical approach
to cryptography, that MD5 magic doesn't work and SHA3 magic
works, but you should know that magic is a delusion, and delusion
leads to failures and damage, so by spreading delusions, it's you
who cause damage, not me.