DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 12:40:28 PST 2014

On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 12:36:04 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 January 2014 at 19:15:49 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> The thing is that you can build non expanding tuples on top of
>> expanding ones, not the other way around. So I think the
>> language
>> should have buitin expanding tuples (and renamed something else
>> than tuple).
>
> Wait what?
>
> template ExpandingArgList(T...) // assuming T is non-expanding
> {
>     alias ExpandingArgList = T.expand;
> }

The auto expand require compiler support. The non expanding
behavior can be modeled on top of the auto expanding one.

The problem we have goes as follow to me:
  - We call the expanding construct tuple, which confuse everybody.
  - We lack some syntactic sugar to auto expand tuples. I proposed
a solution for auto unpacking random stuffs.

I do think this approach is superior.